Friday, January 21, 2011

Shakespeare

As you can probably tell from my title and subtitle, and URL as well: I'm a Shakespeare addict. It's really very serious. Almost clinical.. untreatable in fact. The brutality of Macbeth, the insanity of Hamlet, the japes and jests of A Midsummer Night's Dream, the quips and banter of Much Ado About Nothing. All are like the air I breathe and the H2O I drink... Sorry, interested in chemistry right now, I'll go more into that later(1). Shakespeare... the glory of the written word was penned by his hand.. And of course by Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett... But that, again, is a story for another time(2).

I am currently reading, and re-reading and watching and re-watching several different productions of Hamlet. I am falling in love with Hamlet's soliloquy for which I named this blog. Such a truly fascinating feigned descent into madness and melancholia. So famous and yet so fitting to my own thoughts sometimes. Well all of Hamlet's soliloquies are thought-provoking, distinguishing between insanity and cleverness, or just going with the madness.

That this too too solid flesh would melt, Thaw and resolve itself into a Dew!

Just a heads up, I'll definitely be posting about Shakespeare continuously.

I suppose that's it for now. A short post. Good night.

Oh wait!

(1) H20, NaCL, all those good things. I'm rather fascinated by the molecular chains and formulae. Yes, formulae. Look it up.

(2) Read Good Omens.. Actually, that'll be my next post for tomorrow so just wait till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment