Saturday, January 29, 2011

Once Bitten Twice Shy - Jennifer Rardin...and lame apology intro

My apologies for not posting for awhile. I've had some stuff to take care of (movies) and I do have a life (books) and my internet was down (eating dinner)... So, yeah.

Okay. Take your favorite vampire novel(1), and then your favorite CIA/spy/assassin book, mix it with some laugh out loud humor and some awesome, hilarious and occasionally obscure references, square that, subtract 
one, find the square root and then cube it. And then you have this book. Great recipe, got it from ma mawma.

Meet Jasmine Parks, one of the most deadly assassins in the world. Now meet her boca de asno duelo(2). She is brazen, insolent, flip, saucy, and has probably one of the most enjoyable perspectives I've ever read from(3). Not to mention she is seriously hardcore. And parkour... 

*MAJOR DIGRESSION ALERT* Ahh, the Office. Don't you just love Steve Carell? and his rapping skills? "Sittin' in my office with a plate of grilled bacon, BACON!" *MAJOR DIGRESSION OVER* ... but I digress. Where was I? Oh yes, Jaz Parks.

In book one of this series, Jaz and her 200+ year-old vamp boss, Vayl, team up with a technological genius, Bergman, who give is new meaning to the definition of paranoid, and a psychic/seer/mage beauty, Cassandra, to try and save the world from a supernatural beastie which might very well decimate the human race. Y'know, just a casual, run of the mill weekend.

Revelations, snarkastic(4) remarks, New Years resolutions to learn to curse in new languages... all the essential ingredient for a good book. So read it. Or die. Ehhhhh, just read it. It's honestly too much work to track you all down and send vaguely threatening letters. And the stamps! Good gawd the stamp costs alone. Read it.

(1) - If it's Twilight I will kick your butt into next Monday. Mhm, you heard me. Monday.

(2) - Perdone mi frances en espanol

(3) - If you need a translation from weird followrulestheofgrammeridon't, just comment

(4) - If you get that reference, you're kind of awesome. Just so ya know.

3 comments:

  1. I will let this slide. I too have a love for all things Jaz Parks and I am glad that I introduced you to her and all the others. However I am about to post about the series and I may not be as witty as you but it's my series and want to post about it. Just so you know. =D Also I will not become a follower until you become one on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following yours! I used my full name. Robbert Trice is me :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry didn't see it as you discovered as when we spoke. Weirdness was abounding. =D I am now a follower of yours as well! YAY we are following each other...in a totally non-stalker type way.

    ReplyDelete